I recently got together on the phone with another SEO (search engine optimization) guru, Craig Fifield for an in-depth interview on SEO for small business owners. I wanted to ask all the questions I thought a newbie to SEO and beginners to managing a small business web site would want to know.
Hover your mouse over the image below to see play/pause/volume controls.
Here are some of the 25 questions we discussed during the interview:
- What is SEO?
- Why is SEO so important?
- How does a web site get onto Google?
- How long does it take for Google to find your web site content?
- What are some simple things you can do to achieve better search rankings?
- What are title tags?
- What are meta descriptions?
- How do you find the source code of your page (to see what Google sees)?
- What is the difference between title tags and page titles?
- How should you write for your visitors, as well as SEO at the same time?
- What are alt tags?
- How important is home page content?
- What are inbound links and how can they help SEO?
- How can a small business get inbound links to their web site?
- What are internal links and how can they help SEO?
- What words on your page should be links so they’re better for SEO?
- Are outbound links a good thing to do?
- How important is a blog to being found more often on Google?
- Do Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter provide SEO benefits?
- How does www or no-www impact SEO rankings?
- Where do the SEO experts keep informed about search engine optimization?