The importance of having a blog for your small business website has become soooooooo crucial. Check out Why Small Business Owners Need a Blog.
If you don’t yet have a website, you cannot pass go or collect your $200 until you understand you gotta’ have a website and a blog. If you have a website, but don’t have a blog, I’m going to do whatever I have to (don’t make me come to your office) for you to have your site rebuilt on a blogging platform (or at least incorporate one into your current website). You’ll thank me later!
Wendy Maynard of www.mavendiary.com is a fellow Internet marketing strategist, social media consultant, and blogger. She also does speaking gigs and online copywriting. Since Wendy does such a great job of blogging herself, I wanted to have a conversation with her about blogging for business. She has some great advice and you can hear it all in the interview we recently did together.
Hover your mouse over the image below to see play/pause/volume controls.
During our conversation, here are some of the questions Wendy and I discussed:
- Why is a blog important to small business owners?
- Is a blog part of a website or separate from a website?
- What is WordPress and why does it work well for small business owners?
- What is the process of blogging?
- How often should a small business owner blog?
- How can you schedule your blog posts?
- What should a small business owner blog about?
- How much should businesses blog about themselves versus giving advice?
- Should small business owners accept comments to their blog posts?
- Are there any techniques to generate more comments from blog readers?
- How can a blog post be shared automatically into other online marketing platforms?
- How do you get started if you don’t have a blog, but want one?
- Where can people find templates and themes for their blog and/or website?
- Is having a blog the most important thing a business can do for their online marketing?