I recently got together on the phone with Laura Roeder of www.lauraroeder.com for a 40-minute interview on using social media for small business owners. I wanted to ask the big questions I thought you would want to know about using social media like blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. If I missed one, add it into the comments area at the end of this post.
Hover your mouse over the image below to see play/pause/volume controls.
Here are the questions we discussed during the interview:
- What is social media?
- How should small business owners get started with social media?
- How can Twitter be utilized to generate new business?
- How can Facebook be utilized to generate new business?
- What’s the difference between a personal and business Facebook page?
- What type of business could utilize LinkedIn to generate new business?
- Are there other social media platforms, besides blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn?
- How do business owners incorporate social media into their busy schedules?
- Can business owners automate the process of incorporating social media?
- What should a business owner do if they’re social media shy?
- Where and how can a small business owner promote their social media outlets off-line?
- Can a small business owner use their smart phones to access social media?